European Citizens

If you are a national of an EEA country or Switzerland, you will not need to apply for permission in order to live and work in the UK. You and your family members can:

• accept offers of work
• work as an employee and/or in self-employment
• set up a business
• manage a company
• set up a local branch of a company

You can also engage in all these types of work if you are studying in the UK.

If you are the family member of an EEA national you will be required to obtain an EEA family permit.

When you make your application, you must provide:

• your valid passport;
• the EEA or Swiss national's valid passport or identity card;
• evidence of your relationship to the EEA or Swiss national; and
• 2 passport-style photographs of you.

You must also provide:

• evidence that the EEA or Swiss national is currently exercising European Treaty rights in the UK, if you are applying for a residence card or a family member residence stamp.
• evidence that you have a right to permanent residence, if you are applying for confirmation of that right.

The above-mentioned regime is in the process of changing due to the Brexit process and European nationals entering the UK or those who have lived here for a qualifying period of 5 years may now apply for  Pre-Settled status  or Settled Status.

The above summary constitutes a very brief overview of the relevant details under UK Immigration Law. Please contact Beder-Harrison & Co to obtain comprehensive, clear and concise professional advice relevant to your circumstances. 


2nd Floor, Lawford House
4 Albert Place, London
N3 1QA

Telephone: 0208 346 3448

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Regulated Immigration Advisors registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commisioner

Disclaimer & Cookie policy